Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Rainy Winter Dreams

Since this is a dream blog, let's interpret loosely. Larry's dream is to own his own cafe. On rainy nights like these, when I picture this family that's coming and he's sick and sleeping in sweat and my heart just goes out to him and i can't stop hugging him, my solace is this vision in my mind of me and him in this cozy winter scene. We're behind the counter and the cafe is filled with people and a dog (our dog, the one we'll have someday) is lying in front of the fireplace on the frayed oriental rug. Larry hands me the baby as I ring someone up. He's busy making one of his signature sandwiches and cutting the cucumbers for the side salad just so - he's such a perfectionist. The Old 97s play low in the background. Everyone is reading or typing or chatting and sipping tea and lattes and eating yummy baked goods and everyone is happy to be in our safe little nest.

No comments: