Wednesday, January 10, 2007

List Mani

So, to continue with the dream theme, I don't know what I dreamed last night, but I know I woke up feeling amazingly positive once again. Even got to work on time - major accomplishment: I was the first one in. I spent the weekend writing (new story, almost done) and also spray painting a crib for the little octopus swimming ungainily inside me. Aside from the bruise on my trigger finger (yo! Spray painting is hard work.) I think it's coming along really well.

It's really amazing how great I feel when I get things crossed off my to do list. Larry thinks I'm nuts (actually, Larry generally thinks I'm nuts) because I feel so releived when it's all done, but come on, we just this weekend went to pick out a door for Marley's bedroom. The kid hasn't had a door on his room for over a year now. He's 10 and very shy. When we were in Home Depot, he wanted to know if he could have a lock on the door. I think he's really looking forward to being able to change his underwear without having to worry who's on their way up the steps to use the bathroom (which is right next to his room and gives a great view all the way in).

Of course, I also feel really good right now, I think, because of the second trimester euphoria. All those books and predictors are so accurate that I sometimes feel like a case study. Pregnancy brain, check. Humungo boobs (that just keep growing!), check. Unreasonable happiness, check. I didn't think I was depressed during my first trimester, just a little emotional (double check!), but now I realize I must have been. Now I see the world in a totally different light and all the things that seemed impossible 6 weeks ago now seem imminently do-able. Like getting an MFA even though we're just about to have a baby and it would definily mean not being able to work full time. In fact, not working full time suddenly seems possible, too, even though my credit card bill takes up my ENTIRE monthly salary right now (of course, it the credit card I share with Larry, so it's like it takes half my salary - ok, no justification is going to work here, so I'll just stop). Anyway, eating well, budgeting, planning for a happy future - I think it might work out. Now, just add those to my refrigerator list ...

No comments: