Monday, December 10, 2007

ahhhh, couch!

It's been such a hard semester that I'd forgotten what my couch felt like against my butt, but this evening, my cheeks got a chance to reacquaint themselves with that lovely brown leather. Ahhhhhh. Hooray, I finished my paper! I am glad and I'm sure those of you who have had to listen to me list theories ad nauseum are glad, too. My poor mother - I actually emailed her a copy!!!!! Oh mom, you don't really have to read it!

Anyway, I printed it out and threw in some laundry and performed some other household rescue exercises that can only be done post DBT (that's Dylan's Bed Time) and then I was like, huh, it's only 10:30, whatever shall I do with myself. So i cut a gigantic piece of cake and poured a huge glass of wine and sat down in front of a Scrubs double-header. I lit a candle and felt no pressure or guilt whatsoever. I even called Larry just to gossip and find out how his night was going.

God, I have undervalued television. Maybe Larry's right. Perhaps we are due a flatscreen.

Or maybe I'm due a fabulous trip somewhere. To a place with cake and wine and good reruns. And sleeping babies.

No comments: